8 Things I Learned from my Beach Walks
- It's interesting to look at the tracks in the sand, but, inevitably, you make your own
- Low tide creates an opportunity to walk where you've never walked before.
- The water is smooth as glass on some days, quite choppy on others, but it's always beautiful.
- Sometimes you can see clear across to the other side. Sometimes you can't even see 100 yards from shore.
- If you don't stay present, you'll miss cool things like a turtle laying eggs.
- Some people greet you, some don't. It's all good.
- The consistent movement of water is what enables it to wear down rocks and sculpt the shoreline.
- "I'm so sorry I took a walk on the beach this morning," said no one ever.